Links are still the foremost vital consider the algorithms of Google and different search engines. The correct links can have a significant impact on the rankings of your websites. If your web site has too several spam links, your web site can get in hassle (although Google has lowered the negative influence of unhealthy links).
The following checklists helps you to find out if a link is a good or a bad link
Checklist for great backlinks:
- The link comes from a website has a similar topic as your website.
The content of the page that links to your website is relevant to your website.
- The link from the other website points directly to the most relevant page on your website.
- The link is a text link (not a linked image).
- The linked text contains words that are relevant to your website.
- A real person added the link to the linking page.
- The link sends qualified visitors to your website.
The more boxes you can tick in the checklist above, the better the link. In addition to the factors above, there are some other things that can have a positive influence:
Checklist: are the links that point to your website good links?
Checklist for high-end links:
The link to your website is the first external link on the linking page.
- The link to your website is the only external link on the linking page.
- The link is in the main text of the linking page (not in the footer or the sidebar).
- The page that links to your website is frequently crawled by search engines.
- The linking page has many links to itself.
If you can tick all of these boxes, you can be sure that the link is an extremely good link that will have a positive influence on the search engine rankings of your website.
You do not ought to tick all boxes
Unfortunately, most links don’t fulfill these criteria. That doesn’t mean that these links square measure dangerous. It simply implies that there are often links that square measure even higher. If you’ll be able to tick just one of the boxes higher than, you must keep the link.
It is traditional that websites have a mixed link profile. a brand new link from alittle and unimportant web site from these days may be a good link from a significant web site within the future. don’t depart this world a link simply because the linking web site is tiny. As long because the link has relevancy, everything is okay.
Some links don’t seem to be therefore smart
In the past, dangerous links might have a negative influence on your Google rankings. Google has modified this. Currently, Google merely ignores inferiority links that time to your website. However, if you’ve got too several dangerous links, you would possibly still get a manual penalty.
Check the following to find out if Google could think that a link is spam:
Checklist for low-quality links:
- The link comes from a website that is obviously spam.
- The page that links to your website also links to dubious and spammy websites.
- The link redirects through a referral script.
- You paid for the link and it does not contain the nofollow attribute
How to check the backlinks of any website
The Link Profiler tool in SEOprofiler enables you to check the links of any website. To make things easier for you, the Link Profiler tool automatically categorizes the links, you can sort the links by anchor text and other factors, you can create disavow files for bad links, and much more.
Log in to SEOprofiler and check your links now: