AliExpress, a world on-line marketplace, was launched in 2010 so as to sell varied commodity worldwide. these days AliExpress features:
- More than two hundred sellers
- More than one hundred million products
- 30 product categories
- Shipping to 200 countries.
A significant variety of sellers give free shipping to any destination within the world, albeit typically the delivery will take up to a month for AN particularly remote corner of the earth. As for now, this on-line retailer is thought of to be one among the quickest growing divisions of Alibaba cluster Holding because the average annual growth of the platform amounts to three hundredth. Alibaba, the parent company of AliExpress, in turn, includes a name of China’s leading e-commerce company.
What do we know about Alibaba?
According to the latest market updates, Alibaba’s online retail platforms account for at least 80% of the e-commerce market in China. What is even more astonishing, in October 2014 the company managed to outperform Wal-mart and become the biggest retailer in the world. To gain insight into the company’s unique market position and extraordinary growth prospective, it is reasonable to look at some statistical facts describing Alibaba’s performance:
- The total amount of sales registered in 2014 is estimated at $420 billion. Just compare it with only $170 billion achieved in 2012!
- The customer base of the company is unrivalled. Only in China, which was originally considered to be the primary market for Alibaba operations, the population amounts to 1,4 billion people. Given that the website allows selling and shipment operations nearly for every country in the world, the target audience becomes wider every day.
- To perform effectively, Alibaba has about 25,000 employees responsible for handling and managing all the operations.
As for now, Alibaba competes successfully with numerous worldwide retailers as the company is characterized with an exceptionally strong presence in both regional and international markets. The factors determining the company’s rapid growth are:
- Dominance in the mobile commerce segment;
- Opportunities for international growth;
- Strong financial position.
What does the future of e-commerce hold?
As customers tend to appear on the far side the geographic borders to urge the most effective looking deal or notice one thing that’s not pronto obtainable in their own countries, cross-border e-commerce is guaranteed to continue to grow within the long run. As internetretailer.com web site informs, China Post has hyperbolic the amount of outgoing shipments by seventieth in 2015. the foremost common cargo destinations were USA, Australia, uk, Canada, France, and Russia. consistent with a pursuit that was administered by Alibaba unitedly with consulting company Accenture, around five hundredth of worldwide net users can build their purchases across borders by 2020. In different words, the net retail trade is prospering – why not try and exploit its high speed growth?